But WWII Canadian fighter pilot, Jack Henry Hilton, put his memories in a book so they won’t be forgotten.
Tellwell published his memoir The Saga of a Canadian Typhoon Fighter Pilot in 2015.
The 97-year-old writes about his time behind the stick destroying enemy tanks, trains and bridges. He survived four crashes in his Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and flew 100 missions over Europe, including on D-Day.
- Free book giveaway: July reads!
- Former Sportstalk Radio host Dan Russell is making headlines with his new memoir
- From the NHL to Tellwell, President Jason Farris shares why indie authors should consider Tellwell
- Celebrating July’s Tellwell author success stories
- Melissa, Tellwell’s new Book Marketing Team Lead, explains why book marketing doesn’t have to be a chore