In three years, Jeana Deal went from working as an administrator at a post-secondary institution to quitting her job to trade stocks full-time, making enough money to live off her investments and even holding a semi-retirement party.
“I needed something a bit more spectacular, a bit more exciting, and something that gave me the freedom I was looking for in terms of making my own decisions instead of being bound by a budget,” she said.
Instead of working a 9 to 5 job, Deal sets her own schedule, balancing investing with book marketing and developing content for her website. She has the freedom to decide how much she wants to work and when, but to get to that point took a lot of education and dedication.
Deal and her spouse dreamt of opening a bar together and in 2007, they began taking business and accounting courses. But they didn’t have enough capital to start a business so they added on investing courses and workshops.
The defining moment came at a conference when they stumbled upon a live trading show and watched the speaker make a $1,000 right before their eyes. They forgot about the bar, and decided to focus their efforts on learning everything they could about the world of stocks.
- Rave reviews and major publicity for Tim Darcy Ellis – Tellwell’s October author of the month
- The one question you should always ask any self-publishing company – advice from Tellwell publishing consultant JH (John Hendrick) Abella
- Spooky Stories for Halloween
- Celebrating excellent IndieReader reviews!
- Meet Tellwell project manager Rhea Inot and learn more about her role helping authors