- If your role at Tellwell were to be summarized into a book title, what would it be?
Persistence is key.
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
Without trying to sound too grandiose it’s making people’s dreams come true.
- What is the most inspirational story you’ve heard from an author about their book?
I helped an 11-year-old get his book published. He is such an inspirational young man in his determination to succeed. It made me realize everyone can and should have a vision of where they want their life to go, no matter how young or old.
- What’s something (beyond publishing) you’ve learned from one of your authors?
Even when I’m not feeling at my best, some people have had it far worse than I could ever imagine and are still laughing and smiling.
- What advice do you give to first-time authors?
Don’t skimp on editing.
- What is the most frequently asked question you get when speaking with authors?
How can you help me get my book out there, and how much do you charge?!
- What attracted you to the indie publishing industry?
A lifelong love of books, as well as a desire to help people realise their dreams.
- What did you do before Tellwell?
I worked in the credit card processing industry (not sexy!)
- If you were to publish a book, what would it be about?
An immigrant’s guide to Canada.
- What do you do in your spare time?
I like to stay active with cycling, running and walking. I love to travel (the picture is me at the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa) I (of course) like to read and right now I am enjoying the World Cup.